Did you know that you can access thousands of easy and fun workouts straight from your cell phone? It is actually quite amazing! Some will help you gain confidence if you’re just heading back to the gym and others are great for helping you do a workout in the comfort of your own home! When I need inspiration I love using apps for a fun change! There are also great apps for helping you to track your caloric intake and track your activities. Getting fit is really in the palm of your hands So grab your phone and hit the app store to get these 10 awesome fitness apps for beginners.
- JeFit (Free) – Is composed of workouts submitted by personal trainers that you can access via the app. All you need to do is put in your fitness goals and what level of fit you are and several options will pull up for you to choose from. They offer animated graphics to help you see how the move should look. This especially great if you are new to weights and weight equipment.
- SWORKit (Free) – Allows you to pick the type of workout that you would like strength, cardio, yoga, or stretching and then you can pick the amount of time you would like to work out anywhere from 5 minutes to 60 minutes. All exercises are done using your body weight and cute little British gal demonstrates all moves for you.
- BodyLab (Free) – JLo’s brain child, will help you custom build a fitness and diet plan based on your goals. The workouts are easy and fun to follow. And also offer animated views of the movements.
- Map My Run (Free) – If you are just getting into running or even walking this is a great one to track your speed and mileage. That way you know how far you have gone and how fast you did it! That way you can see how much you’re improving. It will also save all your workouts so you can look back and see where you started. You can also connect with other friends and challenge them!
- FitStar (Free) – Is meant to be a totally customizable pocket personal trainer. Once done, you can rate the difficulty of the workout, allowing the app to slowlylearn and adapt to your workout capacity, challenging you without breaking your body.
- Nike+ Training Club (Free) – The app offers more than 100 workouts crafted by Nike master trainers for people of all fitness levels. Select your specific fitness goal (get lean, get toned, get strong, or get focused) and you’ll find easy-to-follow workout plans. Video tutorials are available for each workout.
- Charity Miles (Free) – Whether you are running, biking, or walking can do way more than just getting fit, for every mile of exercise can earn money for dozens of different charities! With the help of corporate sponsors, Charity Miles donates 10 cents for every mile biked and 25 cents for every mile walked or ran. As those miles add up, you can make a big difference for an organization that matters to you. How cool is that! Definitely an added benefit to getting in shape and an extra motivator to help others!
- My Fitness Pal (Free) – Pretty much the gold standard of caloric trackers! It easy to use and will provide great information to help you learn to track your nutritional intake! You can also connect with other friends to help motivate and cheer each other on!
- The Johnson & Johnson Official 7 minute Trainer (Free) – With only 7 minutes and a chair you can get a full body workout! A workout can include jumping jacks, pushups, wall chair, high-knee running in place, crunches, plank, side plank, triceps dips using a chair, and a few other moves. The app coaches you through each move as it comes up in the workout. This is a great one if you’re short on time and need to squeeze in a workout!
- Hot5 (Free)- HITT or High Intensity Interval Training is a great way to get you heart rate up fast and keep your metabolism going throughout the day – And the best part is you don’t need a lot of time! So, if you really only have five minutes to spare, that’s plenty according to the Hot5, The program regimen is just a handful of exercises, each one lasting 60 seconds. These exercises are taught by real trainers and you can choose the type of routine you want to have, from fitness basics to Crossfit and even Pilates.
These are all really easy to follow and are great for all fitness levels! And the best part they are all FREE! So really there are no excuses to Make Your Move and Get Fit! The hardest part is getting started and these are all great options because they will help guide you and provide real or animated tutorials while you are getting use to and learning the new moves! For the best fitness gear and fun workout clothes make sure you head to Kohl’s to help #MakeYourMove!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.