So it’s February… how are those resolutions coming along? Are you making the progress you had hoped for by this time? If you’ve hit a plateau or your losing has slowed it might be the fact that you are not drinking enough water and are not staying properly hydrated. Drinking enough water is just as a crucial to weight loss as hitting the gym! So read up and find out the WHY! And get back to losing those pounds and getting ready to rock the socks off that swim suit this summer!
1. Water fills you up! Did you know that often times when we feel hungry we’re actually thirsty? Yep it’s true! So drink up and you’ll find yourself less likely to snack because your body is being properly hydrated! So by skipping the snack and drinking up you’re saving your self some undesired extra calories. #winning
2. Headed to a party or out to dinner? Drink 8-10 ounces of water before you go and you will significantly reduce the amount calories consumed while you’re out! That’s a win my friend! This trick helps me out a lot and keeps me from overeating.
3. Dehydration is your bodies worst enemy it will completely derail your metabolism. In a recent study from the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism Drinking just 17 ounces of water can up your Metabolism by 30% in both men and women! That is quite the boost! The increase occurs in the first 10 minutes but will continue to increase for 30-40 minutes after drinking!
4. Drinking 1-2 glasses of ice cold water first thing in the morning, will get your body’s metabolism revved up and going! Your body will have to work hard to warm itself. Thus getting your metabolism started off on the right track!
5. Also drinking within the first 15 minutes of waking will get your bowels moving and help keep them clean… This helps keep me regular, I started doing this awhile back and it has become a habit that really helps out a lot.
6. Water keeps you healthy!! By drinking water you are continually flushing toxins from your system that can cause you to become ill.. And getting sick can derail you from your healthy fitness and eating habits.
7. Make sure you are staying properly hydrated during a workout aim to drink 15-20 ounces prior your workout and 8 oz for every 15 minutes of exertion. This will ensure that you stay properly hydrated and on track! Plus the water will give you extra energy, increasing your over all performance during a workout!
8. So how much water should you drink? The old adage of 8 – 8 oz glasses of water works, but might not meet your needs to increase weightloss… A good rule of thumb is to drink at at least half of your weight in ounces. So if you weigh 150 lbs you should drink at least 75 ounces of water. I believe this is a good starting point. I personally try to drink as close to a gallon of water a day as I can. This has helped me to quit the mindless snacking and keep my metabolism revved all day long!
9. Drinking water increases energy! Being properly hydrated helps you to not feel sluggish and will help you stay active and alert throughout the day. Which will in turn keep you burning more calories throughout the day not just during your workout.
10. Drinking water helps prevent you from drinking your calories. Stir clear of sugar, caffeine laden drinks. Stick with water or healthy hydration promoting options like DripDrop® from CVS . DripDrop® mixins are an awesome option to keep you properly hydrated without the excess sugar that is in sports drinks. Properly hydrating after a workout is KEY, and the extra electrolytes (2-3X more than sports drinks) in DripDrop® can help you do just that.
DripDrop® Hydration Powder tastes great and is sooo refreshing after a boo-tay kicking workout!
Just throw it in your mixing bottle and you’re good to go! I just throw a pack in my gym bag and mix it up right after I workout!
So the key to getting the scale moving in the right direction is taking a good long hard look at your water consumption! Make sure you are drinking enough and using it in your arsenal to increase metabolism, energy and your health! You’ll be amazed by the change these small tweaks to your routine can do to! Not only will it help you on your weight loss journey, it will increase your overall body functioning and your skin will never look better! (added bonus)
To get your DripDrop® Hydration powder to keep you properly hydrated after working out just head over to your CVS. You’ll find it hanging out in the baby aisle, it will be by the pedialyte type drinks. You can save your self a buck and print out this coupon, valid 1/25/15-2/21/15 and available while supplies last!
What are some of your favorite tips and tricks for getting your water in? I’d love to hear them!!