This post contains affiliate links
How To Increase Metabolism
We all know that food is FUEL! But eating the right foods can make a HUGE difference and can amp up your Metabolism, turning your body into a FAT burning machine! Who doesn’t want that!?!? And with summer fast approaching and the thought of having to squeeze into a swimsuit… Right now is the time to get to work and start eating for that summer body!! So the questions is, How To Increase Metabolism? You can increase your metabolism by incorporating these 11 foods into your daily diet you will turn your body into a fat burning machine, so even at rest, your metabolism is revved and burning calories like nobody’s business!
1. Almonds are truly one of Nature’s most perfect foods. You get such a big bang for your buck. First of all, almonds are nutritionally dense. This means that for a small portion size, you get a lot of healthy macronutrients and calories (but GOOD calories).These almonds will help you stay full and provide nutrients that are needed to help your metabolism going! (Just be wary of portion control)
2. The aromatic spice Cinnamon helps move glucose into the cells faster so our fat storage hormone, insulin, hangs around a lot less. As I’m sure you’re aware, eating a cinnamon roll doesn’t count! You need to consume at least a quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon to reap its fat-burning benefits.
3. Avocado, the much-maligned fat in avocado is a triple fat burner. Its monounsaturated fat plumps up cell membranes, enabling cells to better chat with fat-burning hormones. It also switches off the body’s fat storage hormones. Also, it boosts the metabolism by protecting the energy-producing part of cells from free radical damage.
4. Grapefruit has unique chemical properties that in years of studies have shown promote and support weight loss! (My grandmother swears by the stuff!) Grapefruit is full of vitamin C, which will reduce insulin levels helping to promote weight loss!
5. Broccoli is high in the vitamin C our bodies need to absorb the calcium we eat efficiently. And studies indicate that calcium aids in weight loss. Plus, broccoli also has phytochemicals that boost immunity and protect against disease–all while being very low in calories!
6. Studies show that green tea increases metabolism has high antioxidants and may help prevent some forms of cancer. It’s also famous for being a mood enhancer, which is perfect for helping you get in the mood for that fat-burning workout. So I HATE green tea! Like I gag on it!! So I was super excited when I found this an excellent Edible Green Tea! I just throw a tsp in my morning smoothie, and I get all the benefits of green tea without having actually to gag it down!! It’s pretty awesome!!
7. Not all dietary fats are created equal.Coconut Oil is rich in medium-chained-triglycerides (MCTs), which your body preferentially uses for energy, leaving less opportunity for them to be stored as fat. A study published in the showed a greater abdominal fat loss over a 16-week period when MCTs were consumed versus olive oil.
8. Hot peppers speed up your metabolism and cause you to burn more calories by releasing the chemical Capsaicin (found in Cayenne and Jalapeno peppers) into your system. In response, the body temporarily releases stress hormones that speed up your metabolism. So you burn more calories as your body copes with the spicy, tasty food.
9. You know I LOVE Water — but it can help speed up your metabolism! Water is a natural appetite suppressant that will help increase your body’s metabolism by 30% after drinking just 17 oz of it. You can stay hydrated for your workouts and keep your metabolism high by drinking at least 1/2- 2/3 of your weight in ounces!
10. Oatmeal is a great fat-soluble fiber that fills you up quickly gives you lots of energy for working out, lowers cholesterol and is high in nutrients. This superfood will help slow down your digestion, preventing a sharp spike in your insulin. Just make sure you don’t load up your oatmeal with naughty ingredients that will minimize or negate any healthy benefits.
11. The protein found in chicken, turkey and other lean meats takes lots of energy to break down. Therefore, your body burns a lot of calories during the digestive process. Protein is also an essential ingredient in building lean muscle mass, which burns more calories than fat.
1. Edible Green Tea – Love this stuff! Rocks my world
2. Mccann’s Steel Cut Oatmeal – Best Oatmeal around!
3. Viva Labs Pure Organic Coconut Oil – Over 5k Amazon user can’t be wrong! Rated the BEST Coconut Oil – I’m running low and will be ordering this when it’s time restock!
4.Blue Diamond All Natural Almonds – No added salt and oven roasted!
5. Ceylon Cinnamon Capsules – To optimize the benefits of cinnamon – try the capsules! Loaded with the good stuff!
6. Nature’s Way Cayenne Extra Hot Capsules – I’m a total wimp when it comes to spicy food! So the thought of straight up cayenne is NOT an option for me! These capsules are a much better bet!
7. Hit Supplements Diva Burn– Shh… Guys this stuff is my secret weapon! I take this daily to help keep my metabolism BURNING and help manage cravings, reduce appetite and the healthy dose of energy without that feeling of being on “speed” like other diet pills!
- Berry Almond Energizer Protein Shake
- Metabolism-Boosting Smoothie
- Apple Cinnamon Water
- Master Cleanse
More Metabolism Boosting Tips