Detox it Up!!!

Fitness Friday!!!
Hello KPVI Folks!!! It was so fun to spend time with Matt & Libby again and share some of my favorite detox drinks!! Check out the links below for recipes and more info on each drink!!

I saved the best for last, a couple years ago a good friend of mine that is a personal trainer shared with me Sassy Water. It is a great detox!!! You drink in place of your water for 7 days and then you reap the benefits of 5-7 pounds of weight loss. It is kinda like scrubbing bubbles for your colon. You’ll notice an increase in energy and overall well being. This is not a cleanse to do on a regular basis, you want to only do this one- every six weeks ( at the most). As part of a healthy diet.

Sassy Water
1 Cucumber Sliced thin
2 TBS grated Ginger root — you can use a microplane (just be careful don’t injure yourself like Matt)
1 Whole Lemon – Sliced
14 Mint Leaves
Add to 1 Gallon of Water and Drink daily for 7 days!

Good Luck!!!

Comments

1. says

Thanks for the recipe. I love to drink water & usually throw in a lemon or cucumber slice in there too. So great meeting you at Snap. Look forward to staying in touch.

2. says

Okay, just making sure I have this right… do you buy all the ingredients once and keep refilling it with a gallon of water each day or do you buy one of each of the ingredients and replace it completely each day? Sorry if it's a lame question. :)

3. says

I know this may sound dumb but I just slice and grate the ingredients and let them sit in the water? If so how long should it sit in the water before I drink it? Also, is this something that tastes good or is it one of those detox drink you have to force yourself to drink?

• says

Jen, I usually let my detox waters steep overnight but at the minimum you'll want to them to sit for at least 10 minutes. I personally like the taste of this water. But I have friends who didn't like it as much. They added a packet of crystal light or other 5 calorie mix in to help out with the flavor… It's all up to your personal taste preference. Good Luck!!! Andie

• says

I don't know why you would add crystal light or any of those drink mixes to a detox water since they are full of sugar whether it be artificial or "natural" and synthetic chemicals. I would not recommend doing that.

• says

4. says

This may be a silly queston…but there doesn't seem to be any ingredients that make it dangerous to drink. Why only a week and then wait 6wks. These are all ingredients I eat a lot so just curious.

• says

If you want a good metabolism boosting everyday drink you should try my Apple detox water.. That would be a great follow up to your Sassy Water Cleanse. <br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Andie

• says

This is definitely the more potent of the two. I like the Jillian Michaels one for a more regular detox and every month or so I&#39;ll do this one to really get a good cleanse. Warning this one will clean you out!! <br /><br />Thanks!!<br /><br />Andie <br />

5. says

For the last one month I have been drinking Sassy water every day, as I really like its refreshing taste, and since it has nothing harmful, I felt that drinking it as part of my daily routine would help me. I thought it would help me lose weight, but my weight is the same, and I don&#39;t mind it, for I feel really good and it also helps me finish my quota of water for the day.<br />I make it

• says

Rama, <br />I&#39;m sorry to hear that the Sassy Water didn&#39;t help you out!! I have had great success with it! A couple thoughts came to me that hopefully will help you out on your weight loss journey! As we get older our body has a harder time processing carbs. So the more you can trim those from your diet the more you&#39;ll see the scale move! Also you might want to talk to a doctor about

• says

Everyone is so different I would give it a little more time. The ginger root is the key ingredient to the colon cleansing so make sure you&#39;re adding fresh ginger daily if you are not seeing any &quot;action&quot;…

6. says

How important is the mint? I know for sure I can find all the other ingredients fresh but not sure about mint leaves. (I live in Seoul so sometimes it hard finding special things due to my language barrier)

7. says

I was researching Sassy Water… and can you still drink it and lose weight if you don&#39;t plan on doing the Flat Belly Diet by Prevention? From what I was reading, it said the Sassy Water is the first step in Prevention&#39;s Flat Belly Diet, and sometimes if you eat carbs on it, etc. your body can actually retain water (as I guess the flat belly diet is a low carb, high protein diet). I was

8. says

Hello. I was curious, I drink more then a gallon of water a day because I am always so thirsty. So do I drink the gallon of sassy water a day and then replace the rest of my water intake with regular water? Thanks in advance!!