Jillian Michael’s Detox Water… Does it Work?!??

Fitness Friday!!!

Here I am again reviewing another Detox Water… I think I have become the “Mikey” of trying these crazy Pinterest diets and detox waters. Remember those Life cereal commercials from your childhood where the cereal bowl keeps being past down the line and no one wants to try the cereal themselves but they urge “Mikey” to try it. Well consider me your “Mikey” I’ll take on all these viral Pinterest crazes and give you my humble honest opinion.
So back to the task at hand the Jillian Michael’s Detox Water. This one has had a somewhat shady back story apparently it was adopted by an “Anorexic Supporters” group… So if you poke around and read any of the comments you’ll see a lot of negativity.  I AM NOT Anorexic nor could I ever be or want to be and it is a serious issue and anyone battling this needs to seek help! It is not a healthy lifestyle. I support detox waters as an aide in helping in healthy weight loss. OK Politics aside this actually is a very effective detox water.  Here is the recipe…

Jillian Michael’s Detox Water

60 ounces Purified Water
2 TBS Diet Cranberry Juice
2 TBS Lemon Water
1 Bag Dandelion Tea – Stewed ( I found my tea at Walmart in the beverage isle near the crystal light)

This is a replacement of normal water intake and not a meal replacement!!

{www.maybeiwill.com} Jillian Michael's Detox Water...An Honest Review!!! Spolier Alert IT WORKS!!!!! #detox #diet #weightloss

Dandelion tea has a history and reputation for breaking down fat and removing it from your body via good old fashioned waste… So you may have increased bowel movements so be prepared for this.

Now for the part you have been waiting for… Does it work?!??  My opinion is it does! I just added the ingredients to my gallon jug of water that I drink daily and chugged away! It does have a somewhat acquired taste. The first day I had to force myself to chug it.. But after a bit I got used to the taste. I see a few others added stevia and splenda to theirs to help sweeten it up. Not sure if I would like that, but wanted to throw it out as an option if you are struggling to get the drink down. After a couple days I saw a visible decrease in excess “bloating” around my middle. Gotta love that!! It definitely cleaned me out. (I tried thinking of a classy way of saying this… ) I would recommend this after a week of indulgence, to help get you back on track and loose the vacation pounds you may have gained or to slim down  before a big event.
 It does receive my stamp of approval!!! For all you “How I Met Your Mother” Fans I am hoping my stamp has the same level of clout as Lily’s does…

Check out my Other Detox and Diet Reviews:

Apple Detox Water
Sassy Water
3 Day Military Diet
Beyonce’s Magical Detox Drink
3 Day Shakeology Cleanse
Girlfriends Guide to Detoxes
21 Day Fix Review

Comments

1. says

Andie – you are seriously so inspiring!! I keep reading all of your posts on my phone so I hardly ever comment. I got asked to participate in Revolve also, but I was too darn chicken! Now I wish I would have. I seriously need to get my hiney in gear! (p.s. Pinned and Tweeted!)

2. says

I am trying this out tomorrow. I could not find the yogi "detox" tea. So I am trying a yogi green tea blueberry one that is used to lose weight, so it says. Hopefully it works.!

• says

You can drink this one every couple weeks.. You do not want to drink this one all the time. A great all the time Diet drink is the Apple Detox drink! It is great for energy and the cinnamon will help stabilize your sugar levels so you won't crave sugar as much. Good Luck!!!!

• says

The most potent detox drink is the Sassy Water.. It will help you lose 5-7 lbs in a week. I posted the recipe for that one last Friday. The above mentioned detox works wonders as well and is also a great choice. To lose 25 pounds like you would like, will take some time and hard work! These detox drinks are a great aide. You'll want to add a healthy diet and exercise to optimize your weight

3. says

The cranberry juice you have shown in the picture is NOT the kind of cranberry juice for this detox. You need to purchase PURE no sugar added cranberry concentrate. It's pricey, about $12-$14 a bottle, but it's a main ingredient in this detox water. One tablespoon of a from concentrate juice won't do anything to help you.

• says

Mary, Thanks for your input!! I have tried this detox several times with the above pictured cranberry juice and have had success each time. I'm sure the pure cranberry is best if you can afford it and have it on hand… I'll have to keep an eye out for it ;)

4. says

Hi! I love this blog. You are honest and eloquent. Thanks for these great ideas and your clear minded advice about healthy living. I am giving this one a try! Thanks!

5. says

You should really use organic cranberry juice, pure juice from the cranberry (it should be the ONLY ingredient) – not Ocean Spray. Also use real lemon juice from lemons.

6. says

Ice done this, sub. parsley for the dandelion tea, and it works just as good! I used parsley because it cleans out kidneys better, and I have PKD. I was satisfied with my results, I felt 167% better after my kidney was axting up for a few days.

7. says

Could you emulsify the cucumber, lemon, ginger and mint in a blender or nutribullet before adding to the water?? Would you get better results

• says

To Steep/Stew the tea just place tea bag in a mug of boiling water and let sit 10-15 minutes. Then I just but the mug with the hot water and tea bag right into my gallon jug. I hope that clears it up!! Good Luck!!! Love- Andie

• says

Thank you. It clears it up for me. I was just browsing through the comments before I posted the same question. I have made the water and am currently drinking. Do I drink the water indefinitely?

8. Mounia says

How many gram of the dandelion tea ? Plzzz answer me . Here is my facebook answer me on : mounia slimani from algeria putting a photo of messi as a profile photo plzz answer me

9. Ashley says

Hi Andie! I’m new to your blog and i’m very excited to take you up on all of your fitness suggestions. I’m trying out the dandelion tea detox drink and just have a very simple question- you mentioned how this is intended to supplement our normal water intake and not replace food. Just curious, what would “normal water intake” mean to you? I just want to make sure i’m doing this right.

So for example, i have water with every single meal, but i’m not the best at drinking water throughout the day (unless im just generally thirsty). Should i be drinking a certain amount in addition to my water with meals? Should i replace my water with meals with this? And- (last question, haha) could i substitute this with snack cravings? Like at the end of the office day around 3-4ish i get a little hungry- should i just do this instead of grab a handful of carrots or grapes?

Bottom line is i need to lose weight fast but im a huge proponent of doing it right and healthy.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

• Andie says

Ashley!! When I say “normal” water in take you should be drinking 2/3 of your body weight in ounces everyday. If you are doing a cleanse I recommend trying to drink a gallon a day! You can drink your water with your afternoon snack! Just be sure to be cutting carb intake and eating clean while doing the cleanse! Hope that helps! Good Luck! — PS I’m publishing another detox review on Friday and it is one of my favorites to date! ;)