- Protein is the building block of muscle construction… More muscle tone = better metabolism… If you don’t get enough protein you’re in for trouble! It will cause muscle depletion and all sorts of other nasty problems you don’t want or need.
- The base amount of protein you need is more than the required RDA states! Basically if you sit on your bum all day and have no desire to lose weight or tone anything you are perfectly ok with the recommended 50g of protein… Otherwise a good rule of thumb is 1.2-2 grams of protein for every 2.2 lbs of body weight for an active individual looking to lean up. (Example let’s take my body weight of 131 lbs divide that by 2.2 you get 59.5 then you multiply that by 1.5 to get the grand total of 89 grams of protein I should be consuming to get the hot bod I’m going for.) Just some simple math
- Your body needs different kinds of protein… Just eating rice with protein won’t cut it just like eating only chicken won’t cut it either you need to mix it up! — This is where I come in!!!
- Cottage Cheese 12 grams in 1/2 Cup Serving
- Hard Boiled Egg – 1 Egg = 6 grams
- Protein Shakes 1 scoop of protein = 27 grams
- Hummus 2 TBS = 2 grams — pretty high for a DIP
- Lunch Meat & Cheese Stick Roll Up =16 grams
- Reduced Sodium Beef Jerky = 1 oz serving =14 grams
- Edamame 1 Cup = 17 grams
- Protein Bar Snack Size Variety around 200 Calories = 10-14 grams of protein
- Celery + Natural Peanut Butter (2 TBS)= 7 grams
- Greek Yogurt 1 Cup = 23 grams
- Almonds 21 — (count em’ out) = 5 grams
- Egg Whites 6 — 21 grams
- Pumpkin Seeds 1/4 cup = 10 grams
- Black Beans 1/2 Cup = 8 grams
- Oatmeal 1/2 dry = 6 grams ‘
- Peanut Butter Protein Bites — Recipes Found HERE 2 grams per bite
- Protein Pancakes Recipe Found HERE = 10.8 grams
- Cinnamon Crunch Chickpeas Recipe Found HERE = 14 grams — these look AMAZING!
- Protein Popcorn = Combine 3 cups air popped popcorn with 1/2 Scoop Protein Powder to coat = 16.5 grams
- Wheat Berries 1/2 Cup Serving = 6 grams (instructions on how to cook up these yummies can be found HERE)
- Western Bagel Alternative Bagels & 2 TBS Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese = 11 grams
- 8 oz Glass of 1% Milk = 8 grams
- Quinoa 1 Cup Cooked = 8 grams
- Tuna 6oz can = 22 grams — Mix with 1 wedge laughing cow cheese (2g) & mustard!
- Broccoli & Spinach each have 6 grams per 1 cup serving not too shabby!
Check out Matt & Libby’s Protein smarts!! I quizzed them on how much protein is in some of the items in my above mentioned list on my latest KPVI More segment.
Are You Struggling to Feel Confident About Your Body?
Here's a fantastic solution!
The Ultimate Guide to Drink Yourself Fit...
I love these shakes and so do all the people who have purchased them!