Little known fact, January is National Oatmeal month. As an oatmeal loving mamma, I’m pretty sure that it DOES deserve it’s own month to celebrate its goodness. As a metabolism and energy boosting powerhouse food, it’s simply the best! Plus add in the fact that is it also super affordable it’s a great way to eat healthy on a budget. I look at oatmeal as a blank canvas… Really the sky is the limit on what you can accomplish with a little bit of oatmeal and some creativity. Overnight oats, smoothies, baked, cookies it really is quite amazing what you can cook up with oats! So I scoured the internet and asked some of my most talented blogging pals and came up with over 30 awesome new and exciting ways for you to eat your oatmeal in honor of the hallowed month of January that is National Oatmeal Month! So grab a bowl of oatmeal awesomeness and raise it high to toast this awesome food!
Oatmeal Smoothies — Did you know that throwing oatmeal in your smoothie or protein shake is a thing? It’s so good and can add some needed nutritional goodness!
1. Raspberry, Oatmeal, and Yogurt Smoothie from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
2. Chocolate No Bake Cookie Protein Shake From Maybe I Will
3. Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Protein Shake – From Maybe I Will
4. Blueberry Muffin Smoothie – From Thrifty Jinxy
Baked Oatmeal – Throw your oats in the oven for some yummy bread pudding type goodness!
5. Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal – From Food Done Light
6. Baked Oatmeal with Apples & Raisins – From Homespun Sprout
7. Easy Baked Oatmeal – From Thrifty Recipes
8. Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal – From Food Done Light
9. Baked Banana Oatmeal – Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
Crockpot Oatmeal — Now here we have the best of two world delicious oatmeal with the benefits of the divine slow cooker!
10. Hot Chocolate Slow Cooker Oatmeal – Growing Up Gabel
11. Easy Overnight Crockpot Steel Cut Oats – From Thrifty Jinxy
12. Apple Pie Slow Cooker Oatmeal – Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
13. Cherry Vanilla Slow Cooker Oatmeal – Growing Up Gabel
Overnight Oats! — This relatively new concept has been sweeping the nation! Confession time, I haven’t actually tried this method… But I’m drooling over these recipes, I have to try it!
14. Blueberry Vanilla Overnight Oats – Midwest Modern Mamma
15. How To Make Overnight Oatmeal (for us newbies) – Stockpiling Moms
16. Almond Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats – My Whole Food Life
17. Easy Overnight Oats – Feel Great in 8 (Easy non crockpot stove top way to do oats overnight!)
Outside the Box Ways to Eat Oats for Breakfast! – Yep these are some unique and fun ways to eat those oats
18. Baked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cups – Persnickety Plates
19. Blender Oatmeal Pancakes – Maybe I Will
20. Host an Oatmeal Bar – Me and My Insanity
Good old Fashioned Churched Up Oats! — Getting tired of brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins? Here are some fun and clever ways to mix things up!
21. Peanut Butter Berry Oatmeal – My Mommy Style
22. Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal (GF and Vegan!) Bakerita
23. 10 Minute Almond Joy Oatmeal – Two Healthy Kitchens
24. 10 Minute Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal – Two Healthy Kitchens
25. 10 Minute Apple Pie Oatmeal — Two Healthy Kitchens
26 -33. 7 Ways to Change Up Your Morning Oatmeal – One Lovely Life
34. Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats – Mommy Hates Cooking
Protein Packed Oats Power Pack Your Oatmeal with these Protein Boosted Oats!
35. Protein Packed Chocolate Raspberry Oatmeal – Maybe I Will
36. Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal – Maybe I Will
Healthy Oatmeal for Dessert! Always keep your fork as they say, and indulge in these guilt free delicious ways to eat oatmeal
37. No Bake After School Cookies – An Emerald City
38. No Bake Maple Walnut Energy Bites – Two Healthy Kitchens
39. 2 ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies– Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
40. Protein Chocolate Backed Energy Bites – Maybe I Will
Is your mouth watering?!?! Mine sure is! I’m so thankful for oats and the nutrition they provide me and my family!