Being a Mom is amazing and I love every minute of it! But let’s be honest – these little humans take a lot from us! We give and give all day! Of course they repay in hugs and kisses and generally just being adorable. But that does not change the fact that I’m generally exhausted by the end of the day!
Finding time for myself used to make me feel guilty and I would feel bad for being “selfish”. But after a while I realized that by taking that time for myself I become more patient and able to handle Mom life with more zest!
Don’t get me wrong, being a Mom is not easy and every day presents new challenges, but it also presents new opportunities to laugh and to enjoy these kids that call me Mom!
So to ensure that I keep laughing and that I continue to have patience with my kiddos, finding ways to take breaks are a MUST! I compiled a list of 7 things we can all do to take a break so that we can be rejuvenated and better able to handle this full time gig as Mom!
1. Put yourself in time out! Sometimes when I find myself losing my cool, I tell my child to give me 5 minutes… Then we are both able to come back refreshed and able to work it out!
2. Book an appointment for a special luxury! If you’re a facial gal, do that, or if you like massages do that! Whatever is your favorite way to be pampered – find the time to do so! I am CHEAP so paying to do something like this is REALLY hard for me, especially when our budget is tight! But I promise it is worth the investment in you! It will feel so good to be pampered for a little bit! Just look online and find a good deal! They’re out there!
3. Work OUT! – There is a strange thing that happens when you start working out regularly. Instead of being exhausted, you actually begin to have MORE energy! Find 30 minutes every day to MOVE!
4. Connect with other Moms! We women need each other – plan a fun night out! Sometimes I find myself feeling anti-social and I just want to stay home and be a hermit! But every time I make the effort to hang with friends I come back feeling lightened! Girl’s Nights are a MUST!
5. Dive into a GOOD Book! Now that my kids are starting to get older- it’s getting more and more important for them to see my LOVE of reading! So what better way than for them to me curled up with a good book! Sometimes escaping with a good read is all I need to feel more relaxed!
6. Spend some time outside! Sometimes when I’m feeling tired and need to take a breather I sit outside on our patio and just enjoy being outside… feeling the sun on my face and the fresh air does wonders for the soul.
7. Treat Yo’self! Finding a yummy treat that is wholesome and good for you can be tough, but if you haven’t tried Chobani Flip Greek Yogurt you totally should!! Their yummy, creamy yogurts with fun mix-ins are the perfect treat that I grab when I’m headed outside for some me time!
With yummy flavors like Key Lime Crumble, Salted Caramel, and Almond Coco Loco I’m in pure heaven with one bite! It’s a fun splurge that won’t totally derail my progress! Much better than my old go to of Oreos!
So when you’re feeling overwhelmed and need a break, don’t feel guilty! Breaks are as much needed for you as they are for your children! Enjoy it and then get back in there and ROCK your gig as Mom!
What’s your favorite way to take a break?