Welcome Friend! I’m so glad you stopped by! Like many of you I LOVE a good protein shake! But sometimes I find myself in a protein shake rut or I just want something different! I still want the benefits of protein powder after a workout but I just want to mix things up!
One of my favorite ways to get in my protein after an intense workout is Pancakes! After killing it at the gym a nice stack of pancakes feels like a great way to celebrate what my body just did!
These chocolate Coconut Protein Pancakes will taste more like dessert than breakfast but they pack a serious nutritional punch and are the perfect way to refuel your body after a killer workout!
- 1 Scoop Vega® Clean Protein Chocolate
- 2 Egg Whites * **
- 1 TBS Unsweetened Coconut
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Coconut extract
- 1 -2 drops stevia according to taste
- 2-4 TBS Coconut or Almond Milk to reach desired consistency
- -4 TBS Coconut or Almond Milk to reach desired consistency
- Stir ingredients in bowl with whisk until combined and batter resembles consistency of traditional batter.
- Use coconut oil or oil of your choice to prepare skillet. These have a bit of tendency to stick so be liberal in your application.
- Once the sides begin to firm up and center is bubbling flip pancake over and continue cooking process.
- Then remove from heat and top with grass fed butter, and organic maple syrup. Or try this awesome coconut oil syrup found HERE !
- * If doing Ketogenic or a High Fat Diet (leave in yolks!)
- **Or if Strictly Vegan use Flax Eggs
One thing to remember when pushing those limits at the gym is proper nutrition. And protein is essential to help repair and build muscle.
One common thing I have found is that a lot people struggle with whey protein powders! So a great alternative if you struggle with whey proteins is a great plant based protein.
They are way easier on your digestive track and offer all the same healthy benefits of traditional proteins.
But here’s the thing about plant based protein – It is hard to find one that doesn’t taste nasty! I have tried my fair share and most of them I cannot get past a few swigs and I am gagging those few swigs down….
So when I first tried Vega® proteins I was shocked! A plant based protein powder that didn’t taste nasty! In fact it was delicious and totally on par with my favorite whey protein flavors! That is a HUGE win people!
All the healthy benefits of plant based protein; including 25 grams of protein in a complete, premium, plant-based protein blend from pea, hemp, alfalfa, and pumpkin, All essential amino-acids including 4 grams of BCAAs and only 130 calories! It is one nutrient packed scoop! + It tastes GREAT!
So get out there and Kill it! Just make sure you fuel your body right! It just worked REALLY hard for you!
Vega also has and online training hub, called Fuel Your Better! It includes tips, nutrition articles and recipes to help you crush your personal best. Look at www.fuelyourbetter.com for some amazing rock star content. If you’re looking for some amazing content, check out their new Instagram account for fitness and active living called @VegaFueled
And make sure you check out Vega’s Full Line of CLEAN products which include Vega® Clean Protein and Vega® Clean Energy. Vega® Clean Energy has 80mg of caffeine from black tea and is a great source for immediate and sustained energy from carbohydrates + an added bonus of electrolytes to help keep you properly hydrated.
I’m so excited to offer one reader an awesome Vega® Clean swag pack to enjoy!
Including all the following goodies:
Tub of Vega® Clean Protein
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of White Wave. The opinions and text are all mine.