So awhile back I came across this awesome video, I think I first saw it on Pinterest… Kinda a common theme in my posts?!? And I about died! I loved it!!! I showed my hubby and he was NOT nearly as amused as I. At this point in time I was training for a half marathon and he was NOT a runner and when I would beg him to run with me the results were kinda close to the video… Except I looked a little more winded than the super perky wonder women in this video and Kelly didn’t actually end up in a Hospital. So it kinda of hit a nerve in my hubby and he started to run! He actually began to enjoy it! So now we really like to go for runs together, I love the fact that is he is officially a ‘runner”. He even has agreed to do the SoCal Ragnar with me next month!! I’m so excited to introduce him into the world of relay racing!! He’ll love it! It’s a 24 hour non stop party!
Having my best friend on board with my fitness goals has helped me a ton! Being on the same page and pushing each other to get out of bed and get moving is just one of the reasons WHY couples fitness is a thing! And why you should take that man or woman of yours by the arm and hit the gym for some serious fun!
MY Top 7 Reasons Why you SHOULD work out with your HUBS!!!
- Safety: Fitness is always safer with a Buddy! Someone to watch your form and spot you if needs be
- Quality Time: With crazy schedules it’s hard not to find time to be together! Make the time and get your fitness on!
- Common Interest: You can never have enough shared interests! Find something you both enjoy that is active, think outside the gym! Bike rides, Running, Hiking…
- Motivation & Suppor: If you both make Fitness a priority you can motivate and support each other! I know I will kick Kelly out of Bed and he will do the same to make sure we get to the gym!
- Balance: If one of you is really into cardio and the other prefers Strength Training pairing up and helping the other out is a great way to help balance out your workouts!!!
- Endorphins: Elle Woods had it right! Fit people are happier! Sweating together will give you both a jolt of happy!
- Memories: So many times Kelly and I end up laughing and cracking each other up the whole time… like the the time we saw the weird guy in his sixties sweating it out in an 80’s style cotton onsie… Really we can’t unsee that! It is now an inside joke and it carries the fun into our day.
This time together will help bond you! And if you are both working on keeping it tight and looking good that will filter into other areas of your relationship! 😉
Trust me it is really fun to workout with your hubby! Kelly and I have a lot of fun when we head to the gym together! If you want to up the stakes check out my FREE Couples Challenge Printable it’s a fun way to track points and assign a winner weekly!
Do you workout with your significant other? I do have a couple friends who cannot because they are too competitive with their spouse and there workouts can become contentious in nature. That only happens when Kelly and I try and play Tennis together. It’s bad news folks!!