Paleo Lemon Bars
Lemon bars have always been one of my favorite desserts. Obviously chocolate of any kind gets first billing, but sometimes you just need to change it up and you want something light and refreshing, and Lemon Bars are perfect for just that!
Do you agree??
I have been working really hard to cut refined sugars from my diet. I also am working to fuel my body better. Because when you fuel your body better, you feel better. It is really just that simple.
So when I was craving Lemon Bars the other day, I decided I was going to take on the challenge and make a healthier version of the Lemon Bars Classic.
After a couple tweaks and replacements, these luscious and heavenly Paleo Lemon bars were created! All the goodness without the refined sugar and naughty carbs.
Making these delightful Paleo Lemon Bars low carb and are Keto Friendly – Cue your best happy dance!
So in the words of Maui… You’re Welcome 😉
Adapted From Divine Sustenance
- 1½ Cup Almond Flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS Sugarless Sugar
- 2 TBS Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Lemon Filling:
- ½ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice - You best not be cheating and using the bottled stuff!
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 Organic Farm Fresh Eggs
- ¼ Cup Sugarless Sugar
- 1 TBS Cornstarch or Arrowroot
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- Preheat Oven to 350 -- Grease and Prepare 9 x 9 baking dish
- Mix ingredients for crust and press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10- 15 minutes until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking mix filling ingredients together in for an additional 15-20 minutes until top is slightly golden brown... Please avoid temptation and not eat them RIGHT away.... trust me they taste amazing cooled and even chilled!
These Paleo Lemon Bars are gonna rock your world, they are light and heavenly and all the things a good lemon bar should be!
Top these Paleo Lemon Bars with fresh berries and a bit all natural calorie free powdered sugar, and we’re talking pure magic friends!
As an added note if you are new to working with Almond Flour you want to make sure you use a fine almond flour NOT Almond Meal – I made that mistake once, and you do not want to make it as well – trust me. That is unless you want to use your baked goods for hockey bucks… totally your call! lol
If you need more Lemon in your life here are some more awesome Lemon inspired recipes!
- Resort Style Lemonades
- Lemon Basil Baked Chicken
- Lemon Meringue Pie Protein Shake
- Lemon Blueberry Protein Shake
- Lemon Ricotta Sinless Dessert
One more money shot… Just cuz I’m still drooling, and hopefully now you are too! Go get your bake on friend!