- Zesty Garden Black Bean Soup
- Adapted from Our Best Bites Cookbook Pub 2011
- Serves about 8
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- ¾ Cups diced carrots - 2 med carrots about
- 1 Cup Onion finely diced - 1 small-med onion
- 1 zucchini peeled and chopped into small bite size pieces
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 3.5oz can fire roasted green chilies
- 2 (15oz) cans beef broth - low sodium
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- a couple turns of fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lime juiced
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot over medium heat. Add carrots, zucchini, onion,and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes
- Add the black beans, chilies, and beef broth. Stir to combine and then add the seasonings. Simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat remove bay leaf.
- Transfer soup to a blender. Place lid on blender but remove the stopper in the lid to let heat escape. Cover the hole with a paper towel to avoid splatters.
- Puree Soup until desired consistency is reached. Squeeze in lime and pulse to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and top with desired toppings. Examples; limes, cheese, sour cream, white corn strips, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and avocados.
Now To Make the White Corn Tortilla Strips….
STEP 1: Grab about 8 White Corn Tortillas
Step 2: Cut the Tortillas into thin strips using pizza cutter! Super Easy and Effective
Step 3: Place onto Cookie Sheet and Spray with Olive Oil Cooking Spray and Sprinkle with Sea Salt
Bake in Oven for 450 degrees for 5 minutes then switch to Broil for 1-2 minutes.. WATCH closely! then wait to cool and serve over SOUP!
This soup is SOOO Yummy, and the best part?!? I was able to use all add/sneak some extra veggies in to make the soup! My kids LOVED it! I love when I can sneak some more veggies into their diet without them being none the wiser 😉 And the white corn chips were yummy and crisp and the perfect topper! Enjoy!