Getting my kiddos to eat veggies can be a struggle! Especially with my youngest. So as a Mom I am always on the hunt for healthy recipes that are loaded with veggies that my kids actually will eat. If you know any good ones let me know!
Is it sneaky, you bet!
But it is totally worth it to know that my kids are getting SOMETHING healthy and green in them. 😉
So I was hopeful when I stumbled up this Zucchini Tots recipe on Pinterest. I figured what kid doesn’t like tater tots and these seemed to have the same texture. So I whipped up the recipe and my kids LOVED them. I was kind of shocked by how fast they disappeared. So it was a total win! I made a couple tweaks to the original recipe to give as bit more flavor.
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ of an onion, diced and sauteed in 1 TBS Butter
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry Italian it breadcrumbs
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Squeeze Zucchini of excess water and pat dry
- Saute onions in butter until translucent
- Mix all ingredients together and put into prepared mini muffin pan
- Bake 15-18 minutes
To check one out for yourself! – Just click HERE
I have also taken this recipe to a couple girls nights and it always a hit. So it’s not just for kids!
I mean what’s not to love cheese, zucchini, cheese… all good things here!
If you want to lower the carbs and make it Paleo and Keto friendly just sub out the Italian bread crumbs for almond flour and a tsp of Italian seasoning.
I love Zucchini – So make sure and check some of my other FAVORITE and kid friendly zucchini recipes!