Well, friends, it appears we have survived the year 2020.
This has been a year, unlike any other. There was a lot of change, a lot of scary and a whole lot of that the ___?
Maybe you’re like me, and although it was one of my most challenging years yet, it will also be marked as one of your best.
This year caused me to look at my life in a way that I have not done before.
When my outer world became chaos, I turned inward, and I spent a lot of time reflecting on my life and what I wanted it to look like going forward.
This year introduced us to Covid. Our family finally moved into our new house! (Yep, after our 6-year whirlwind tour, we are finally settled and homeowners again! This was a huge dream we have been working on for quite a while!) Throw in learning how to be a homeschooling Mom, and you can guess this year has been a restructuring of sorts.
As I look back at all this change and all the other twists and turns in my personal 2020 narrative, I am filled with gratitude for it all.
That is the magic of hindsight. It’s always 20/20 (see what I did there)
So as you look back at this year and for so many of us, it was a doozy. These 10 questions to ask yourself will allow you to reflect and see the gifts of this year.
PERSPECTIVE – it is powerful and magical!
To complete the questions and to make this a super powerful exercise, I recommend the following:
- Sit in a quiet spot
- light a candle
- diffuse an essential oil blend – recommend my intentions blend!
- grab a couple of your favorite crystals
- play some meditative music
- take some deep breaths
- wait until the answers come
- Amethyst: Amethyst helps you hear Divine guidance while protecting you from negative energy & supporting emotional balance.
- Amazonite: The Amazonite crystal helps you speak your heart and be true to yourself while staying connected with others. It is a stone of harmony based authenticity.
- Clear Quartz: Clear quartz is a blank slate. With focused concentration, you can program quartz to help you accomplish any goal. It also acts as an amplifier.
Do NOT overthink this! When you are working with your intuition or inner guidance system, trust it, and go with whatever comes to you first. When you really let go and surrender, magic happens!
10 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS:
- What was your biggest challenge?
- What accomplishment are you the proudest of?
- What was your biggest frustration this year?
- What has brought you the most joy this year?
- What has brought you the most peace?
- What are you most grateful for this year?
- What have you learned about the world and others this year?
- What have you learned about yourself?
- What has been the greatest gift in your life this year?
- What are your favorite memories and moments of the year?
To Grab a FREE Printable Version Click HERE
Take your time and really feel into these questions. I thought I had a grasp on what I had learned this year, and even I was surprised by the answers and insight I received when I completed this exercise.
And here is the fun part, you burn your answers!
Burning allows you to release the energy and the lessons, welcoming new lessons and the incoming year’s energy.
Please use caution when burning your papers! I use our little outdoor charcoal grill to ensure a safe burn. But over a sink works too. Just please be careful!
This exercise is also great to do with your kids. I love seeing the year from my children’s perspective of what they have learned, what they struggled with, and what brought them joy.
Also, this would make a great date with your spouse!! Share your life with them and see how they felt their year went.
I really hope these 10 questions to ask yourself before the end of year were helpful! Looking back on the past year and diving into it can be such a wonderful and powerful tool!
Next week I’ll be back with how to set intentions for the new year and some fun exercises you can do!