10 Ways To Be More Romantic!! These are some awesome tips to help heat things up and improve your relationship!
This past weekend, my husband and I celebrated 17 years of being happily married and I think I’ve learned a thing or two about what it takes to make couples stronger. It so easy with the hustle and bustle of life to put your marriage on autopilot and coast through your days not giving it the attention and time it needs! A marriage or any relationship needs to be nurtured and protected! The more time you spend on it, the stronger and richer your relationship will be. I’m not saying I’m an expert by any stretch of the imagination! My hubs and I still have our disagreements and misunderstandings. We even go to bed mad sometimes. But at the end of the day, we are each other’s best friend and greatest ally.
Kelly knows I love him and support him. But a guy needs to know you still want him! And that is my aim! To help strengthen my marriage by focusing on being more romantic and reminding him that he is still the one that makes me weak in the knees. 😉
With that in mind, I’m sharing 10 ways to be more ROMANTIC!
- Dole Yourself Up! Do you find yourself still in sweats or yoga pants at the end of the day when your man is coming home from work? It’s easy to do! It happens to me a lot. I get busy and in the groove of getting stuff done, I don’t take the time to stop and shower and get myself dolled up. What’s the use? I’m not going anywhere. But here’s the thing and one thing that I was reminded of recently when I was doing some personal reading. Our men are at the office all day or going to meetings with women who do doll themselves up. Yikes, right! I know Kelly would never cheat; I don’t worry about that. But after hanging out with the makeup-donned women all day long then coming home to me without a stitch of makeup, not showered and in sweats, I’m pretty sure I am not helping to put him in the mood! So take a break in your day and doll yourself up! He will appreciate coming home to a put-together you! I bet you’ll feel sexier and more attractive as well. For those of you who both work outside the home, find another way to make yourself a bit more attractive for your mate. Some of you might think that what I just wrote sounds straight out of the 50’s and behind the times. Maybe so, but just try it and see if it makes a difference for you. I wager it will. And for you men – make some effort too. Shave, throw on some cologne, and dress up. We appreciate a little effort as well!
- Start a Gratitude journal just for your spouse. Every day for a year take a minute at the start or end of your day to write a line of what you are grateful for in your spouse. This will help you to really focus on the good things your spouse does. By doing this the little things that annoy you or bother you will seem less important. And this would make an awesome gift for your spouse next Christmas
- Find a way to serve your spouse every day. Whether you make the bed or whip them up a shake, just do something every day for your spouse to surprise them and serve them. Random Acts of Kindness are not just for strangers.
- Send flirty texts! Make your spouse smile and surprise them with a reminder that they are still wanted.
- Leave random love notes. Stick little notes in random places for them to find throughout their day. If they have a big project think of how nice it would be for them to find a little love note on their tablet to help remind them that they are loved and appreciated! Check out these fun love note printables I made for Kelly last Valentine’s Day. These would be a fun way to spice things up come February.
- Just say NO to husband and wife bashing! Sometimes when we all get together as gals or guys we tend to take this opportunity to “bash”. Just don’t do it! No one needs to know your husband’s or wife’s faults or shortcomings. Instead, find opportunities to “brag” on your man or woman.
- Make a naughty bucket list. This will take open and honest communication with your spouse. Don’t judge and be open to new ideas. Of course, if there is something you really are not comfortable with you should feel safe to say so. This can be a lot of fun and will definitely spice things up a bit!
- Schedule a regular date night. Look at your monthly calendar and get it on the schedule. If you’re like us, life gets busy and before you know it it’s been months since you went out just the two of you. Make it a priority!
- Find a new hobby that you and your spouse both enjoy. Finding something that you can both enjoy can be a fun way to spend time together and stay active. Kelly and I love cooking together. He is a master on the grill and we can create some awesome meals together!
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Find fun ways to bring a little spice to your date night and bring back some fun to the bedroom! Be bold this year and buy the sexy lingerie, role play, get some sexy dice, etc. Just mix things up to show your spouse that they are still the one! I love following Dating Divas because they always have so many fun date ideas and printables to help shake things up.
- Don’t be afraid to turn up the heat! I’m sure your significant other will gladly oblige! 😉 I was listening to a Podcast the other day and it stated that if you want more of something you need to give it away. This is pretty profound but SO true in this frame of thinking. If you want more love and romance you need to give more love and romance!
I can honestly say that after 17 years of marriage we are still hot for each other, and things have not slowed down for us in the bedroom. 😉 That might be an overshare but this is a health and wellness website and always remember that sexual health is a big part of your overall wellness. Sex can be a great way for you to connect and feel closer to your spouse. But if you want to improve the romance, and reignite things – efforts must be made!
Today I have been married for 17 years! What an amazing 17 years it has been. ⠀ ⠀ When you first get married you feel like you’ve never been so in love. But after 17 years my love has only grown! ❤️⠀ ⠀ So grateful for this man of mine and the life we have created together. ⠀ ⠀ It just keeps getting better with time. 🙌🏻✨🙏🏻 ⠀ #mybae #happilymarried #anniversary ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀