This post brought to you by TruMoo Milk . The content and opinions expressed below are that of Maybe I Will.
Kids need to be active! TV, video games and other academic pursuits can make it tough to find the time to move! But it is vital to your children’s health and well being! Kids need to move to stay fit and healthy and to release built up energy! Studies have shown that exercise builds strong muscles and bones, helps control weight, decreases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, helps with better sleep, and helps children have a better outlook on life. (kidshealth.org)
In an effort to help promote a healthy and fit lifestyle for kids I’ve rounded up 50 Ways to get your kids moving and active… just in time for Summer! Make a goal and commit to keeping your kids moving and active!
1. Hop Scotch
2. Four Square – We played this the other night and my kids had SOOO much fun!
4. Kick Ball
5. Tennis – grab some rackets and hit the courts! I just feed tennis balls to my kids and then I had them run down balls if they missed!
8. Basketball – play a simple game of horse or pig!
9. Ring a Round the Rosies – perfect for littles
10. Simon Says
11. Red Rover
12. Bike Ride
13 . Take an after dinner walk – play iSpy!
16. Take to the Curb for step ups!
19. Tether ball
20. Hula Hooping – make it a game!
21. Grab some jump ropes and jump it out!
22. Make an obstacle course! – Take turns setting it up!
23. Go for a hike!
25. Wiffle Ball
27. Miniature Golf
28. Plan a scavenger hunt
29. Plant a garden
30. Jump on the trampoline!
31. Grab some skates or roller blades!
33. Hand stand contest… this is a riot!
35. Climb trees! – when was the last time you did this? – Make sure their sturdy 😉
36. Water balloon Volleyball – you play with sheets and waterballoons!
37. Tug O’ War
38. Toss the Football around
39. Two legged races
40. Egg Walk Relays – who can not crack the egg!
41. Indoor Rock Climbing
42. Go to a Indoor Trampoline Park – talking about burning energy!
43. Dance Party! Nothing beats an impromptu dance a thon!
44. Have your kids lead you in a “work out” so fun!
45. Set up the Ole’ Slip In Slide!
46. Run Thru the Sprinklers!
47. Duck Duck Goose! An oldie but a goody!
48. Play Don’t Step on The Crack!
49. Hit the Park and cook up a workout at the park! – Or just PLAY!!
50. Take Twister outdoors!
After ALL the playing your sweaty hot kids will need a healthy way to cool off !! Try this Chocolate PB Banana Ice Cream! Made with TruMoo Chocolate Milk, Frozen Bananas, and All Natural Peanut Butter it’s a great way to refuel after an afternoon of playing!
- 4 Frozen Bananas
- 1 Cup TruMoo 1% Chocolate Milk
- 2 TBS Natural Peanut Butter
- Throw in a Blender Blend and Enjoy!
Finding the right balance between happy and healthy is never easy. That’s why there’s TruMoo! I Love TruMoo Milk! My kids LOVE Chocolate milk and I love that I can give them TruMoo knowing that it does not have any artificial growth hormones, or high fructose corn syrup and is fresh from a trusted dairy. That’s a win! We tell our kids no so much, it’s nice to say “Yes” every so often! Again it’s all about keeping your kids active and fueling their bodies right!
Need more fun and healthy snack ideas Find TruMoo Recipe inspiration on Pinterest.You’ll find even more Awesome ideas to fuel those hungry bellies after play!
Or Join the TruMoo community on Facebook. For coupons and updates!