This workout is brought to you by adidas. Opinions expressed are 100% my own.
How are you holding up, my dear friends? My, oh, my, this year has been a doozy so far.
Like many of you, I was shook. My life felt off-kilter and I felt completely off balance.
With the kids being home all the time well, that takes adjustment!
The one thing that helped me STAY grounded, even though I felt out of control, has been my love of fitness.
Working out is just good for the soul. And the good news is that even with all the gyms are closed, you can still get in a great workout.
I created this 5×5 at-home workout to get in a quick workout, no matter what. This at-home workout takes 25 minutes. I usually add a 2-minute warm-up and finish with 3 minutes of stretching.
And the best part of this workout is that it is completely adaptable and customizable. You can use this “template” to create thousands of workouts!
The main idea is to choose five exercises and complete each exercise for 1 minute each and then repeat four more times. (A total of five times – hence the 5×5 name 😉)
Here is a flow you can look to build your at-home workout:
First Minute: Clock Lunges
- Start standing with your feet together and facing forward.
- Pretend you are standing in the center of a clock, and you are facing the number 12.
- Step out with your right foot in a forward lunge motion as if you were stepping on the 12.
- Bend at both knees until they make a 90-degree angle.
- Stand back up and bring your right foot back together with your left foot.
Video Tutorial > https://youtu.be/DSWuCLIvLyw
Second Minute: Jumping Jacks
- Begin by standing with your legs straight and your arms to your sides.
- Jump up and spread your feet beyond hip-width apart while bringing your arms above your head, nearly touching.
- Jump again, lowering your arms and bringing your legs together. Return to your starting position.
Video Tutorial> https://youtu.be/bkeODmtNLn4
Third Minute: Surrenders
- Stand with your feet about hip-width apart and place your hands behind your head. (Ideally while on an exercise mat or soft ground.)
- Keeping your back flat and core engaged, push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower into a squat.
- Take a step back with your right foot and gently lower your right knee to the floor. Then do the same with your left knee so that you’re in a high kneeling position.
- Engage your core as you lift your right knee and bring your right foot forward, planting it on the floor.
- Keep your chest up and your shoulders back as you drive through the heel of your right foot, lift your left knee and step your left foot forward into a low squat position.
- From the low squat position, step your left foot back and lower your left knee to the floor. Then do the same with your right knee.
- Lift your left knee and plant your left foot. Drive through your left heel and step your right foot forward into a low squat.
- Continue alternating legs, returning to a standing position once complete
Video Tutorial > https://youtube/sUkcqQx_42E
Fourth Minute: Side Lunges
- Start standing with legs slightly wider than shoulder-distance apart and toes pointed forward.
- Shift your body weight to one leg, bending the knee until it reaches a 90-degree angle, and the other leg is straight.
- Glutes are pressing back behind you.
Video Tutorial> https://youtube/_hwLsH6L0XU
Fifth Minute: Plank Jacks
- Get down on your forearms and toes, and make your body into a straight line.
- Jump slightly with your toes and spread your legs out.
- Jump again slightly with your toes and bring your legs back together.
- This completes one repetition.
Video Tutorial: > https://youtube/vyLeZm6s31U
Once you have completed the first round, rest for 1-2 minutes and start right back up completely four more rounds.
For more exercise ideas to choose from visit my video library:
Next time just head over to the library and choose five different exercises – brand new at-home workout!
SHOP MY LOOK:
- Top: https://www.adidas.com/us/winners-tank-top/FI4758.html
- Bottoms: https://www.adidas.com/us/believe-this-2.0-3-stripes-7-8-tights/FJ7181.html
Sports Bra: https://www.adidas.com/us/all-me-strappy-bra/FL2333.html