7 Tips for FoodSaver® System Newbies
If you are like me and buy a lot of produce and fresh real food the FoodSaver® System is a fantastic way to help your fresh food last longer! This is a great way to save money and eliminate wasted food! Can I get an Amen?! So exciting! You might even get a little FoodSaver® System happy and start sealing EVERYTHING! There are only a few foods that cannot benefit from The FoodSaver® System’s awesomeness!
- The seal button is the last button you want to push! When my hubs and I were trying to figure out the machine we kept being tempted to push the “seal” button – in theory you would think that’s the button you would want to use. Resist the urge and don’t do it! The machine is intuitive and will automatically start working once it senses the bag in the slot and will release automatically without any need of pushing buttons! Way easy to use and not as hard as we were trying to make it…
- Make sure you leave enough space to seal – 4 inches is good – it says this in the instructions and they mean it!
- You can reseal chip bags! For reals it is so cool. No more stale chips. I love buying bean chips but I don’t eat them very often so often times they get stale before I can make it through a bag. This little feature is ahh-mazing!
- Seal lettuce! How often do you buy the six back of romaine lettuce at the box stores just for them to go limp before you even get to them! Seal those and you’ll have fresh lettuce for weeks! This was one made me do a happy dance
5. Freeze bananas that are going bad for banana ice cream! Banana ice cream is a favorite at our house and this is a fast and easy way to freeze bananas for ice cream or to throw in a smoothie – no more freezer burned banana
6. FoodSaver® System is also great for managing portions and food prepping for the week. I just measure out my almonds, carrots and other grab and go snacks and seal them up for me to have on hand! I can do a bunch at once so that I’m all set for the wee
7. We eat a lot of avocados in our home and our FoodSaver® System is proving to be a life saver for extended the life of our half used avocados.
So if you are on the fence or have considered purchasing a FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System; I highly recommend it! It really is easy to use. By not wasting food this little gem of a system will pay for itself! It’s just a smart thing to own especially if you are in the business of eating healthy and buying lots of fresh foods.
Looking For More Tips?!
Check These Out.