When our loved ones pass away pay attention there are several ways spirits can communicate with us
This past couple of weeks have been really hard, sad and heart wrenching. Yet they’ve also been very beautiful, magical and I have felt the most love in my heart I’ve probably ever felt. My dear Mother passed away leaving behind her beloved husband of 66 years of marriage, nine children and 108 grand/great-grandchildren.
I am the youngest of her nine children and too young to lose my mama. For the past few months, her health has been declining so I am grateful that we were able to somewhat prepare ourselves mentally for her passing. Although I don’t believe I was “all the way” prepared or if that’s even possible when it really happens. One very big lesson I’ve learned through this experience is that only love IS real. We spend so much time in life worrying about petty things that someone does or doesn’t do. There have been times that I have been critical of my mom in the past. The minute I realized her health was declining that all completely fell away and all that was left was my heart overflowing with love, appreciation, gratitude, and admiration for this great woman. All we take with us when we leave this world are the lessons we’ve learned and the love in our hearts.
Since her passing, I’ve had numerous signs from her from the other side. Signs from spirits are easy to miss if we’re not paying attention.
Here are several ways that those who have passed try to give us signs and connect with us…
- Nature- When my mom’s health started to rapidly decline I asked her what her sign would be from the other side. She clearly gave me rainbows. On the day of her transitioning, there was a beautiful double rainbow displayed across the sky. Four days later I was outside and missing her and I looked up into the sky and said, “Mom, send me another rainbow!” I immediately thought, “Jen, don’t be ridiculous! Mom can’t send you a rainbow in the sky every day to let you know she’s with you.” I went back inside and thirty minutes later I got a call from my sister. She said, “Hey sweetie, did you see the rainbow? Go outside!” I went out and there it was a beautiful double rainbow up in the sky AGAIN!
- Music– Spirits often give messages through songs. The day after my mom passed I was in my car and a song randomly came on called “Kansas City”. I had never heard this song before but as I listened to the words tears rolled down my cheeks. This was yet another beautiful message from her to me. She raised me in Kansas City, Missouri. The chorus of that song says, “Now I’m missing Kansas City!”
- People- Pay attention when you get a message from a random person or someone you know as it might be a message from spirit. The day after my mom passed I was at a department store shopping for clothes for my kids to wear to the funeral. I had just had a melt down with tears rolling down my face in the car before we went in. As we were going to check out of the store I turned to my daughter and asked her if I had any mascara splotched on my face. She said no as we reached the front of the line to check out. When we were checking out at the register the woman ringing me up glanced at me and then quickly looked back at me peering deep into my eyes. I was taken aback at how she was staring at me. She then said, “Jennifer Brereton?” I answered, “Um yeah, but I haven’t been called that last name for almost 20 years.” She said, “I remember you. You were always such a down to earth, genuine, loving person.” I honestly had no recollection of this woman. She also remembered my kids names from literally almost 20 years ago. She looked at me with admiration and spoke words of love to me. Again I have no doubt this was another message from my mom.
- Feathers– Another sign from spirit are feathers in odd places. One morning this past week after my mom passed I came out of my bedroom to make coffee. Sitting in the corner on my black kitchen counter was a small white feather. It was an odd place for a feather since there are no birds flying or pillows in my kitchen. I thanked her and asked her to keep sending me signs because it soothes me to know she’s near.
- Electronics- Spirit often communicates through electronics such as fire alarms beeping out of the norm, something turning on in the middle of the night, randomly turning on lights or the T.V. on or off, etc. It may be a past loved one saying hi!
- Numbers– Do you often see number sequences? It could be the same number repeated like 11:11, 222, 333, 444, etc. that you see over and over. This could be your angels trying to give you a message. Or maybe you see your birthday or the birthday of your deceased loved one often. When my mom was getting close to passing, me and my eight siblings had all traveled to be with her and my dad. We had sat around her bed telling stories, crying, laughing and supporting each other for several hours. It got to be about 1 a.m. and we decided we should try and get some rest. Someone said, “What if mom passes in the night at 3 a.m.? Do you want a call in the middle of the night?” The example we kept using, for whatever reason, was 3 a.m. My mom passed that night at exactly 3:00 a.m. I believe this was her way of saying “I was aware of it all and knew you were all with me!” Even if to us she appeared to be unconscious for all those hours we spent with her, she was aware.
- Signs/Words– This can be messages on billboards, books or even a message in a movie. Sometimes a spirit will communicate to answer a question that has been on your mind through signs and words via different avenues.
- Smells- Sometimes people will experience a smell that reminds them of a passed loved one. This usually happens in an odd place to experience that smell such as driving in your car and smelling a cigar, cologne or certain kind of food that remind us of a person that has passed on.
- Touch/Feeling– The morning of my mom’s funeral I was walking in the room of my hotel rushing around to get ready. I was feeling anxious and nervous since I was speaking at the funeral in just a couple hours. All of the sudden I felt a tingling sensation on my upper back. It almost felt like water dripping from the ceiling. I was wearing a tank top and looked up to see if it was water but nope, no water. Then it quickly went away.
Spirits are all around us supporting, guiding and loving us. If we pay attention we can have an abundance of magical support through life. Although it is so hard letting my dear mom go in physical form, I am so grateful for these precious signs I’ve received from her and I look forward to her assisting me and my family from the other side.