This post is sponsored by So Delicious® all opinions are 100% my own.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread is the perfect conduit for these delicious mouth watering ice cream sandwiches!
This time of year, as the garden is getting closer and closer to harvest, it’s about time to celebrate Zucchini Season! I love zucchini for the simple fact that you can add it to just about anything and you’re getting a healthy dose of veggies without even thinking about it!
My youngest whom I have brought up several times in past posts is my pickiest eater by a MILE! Getting her to eat anything that resembles a vegetable is not a task for the faint of heart. Her feisty and plucky personality will serve her well in life, but for the sake of getting her essential and healthy nutrients, it is a detriment!
So I have to become one sneaky Momma!
Zucchini Bread has been one of my go tos for awhile – She absolutely LOVES the stuff! Especially when I make it chocolate flavored! The girl is her Mom’s child 😉
My family recipe is not exactly on the healthiest side of life. So in an act to help make it healthier, dairy free, and more plant based I took some liberties with sweet Grandma’s recipe, and I am proud to say the results were a HUGE win! All three of my kiddos gobbled it up! And they were none the wiser!
And to since we are in the thick of summer I got even MORE creative and created chocolate zucchini bread ice cream sandwiches! It was a stroke of genius and SO Good! I even used Dairy Free So Delicious® Coconut Milk Ice Cream!
I’m not judging if you want to lick the screen right about now… I get it!
- 3 Vegan Eggs - I used Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer
- 1 Cup So Delicious Coconut Yogurt Alternative
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 2 Cups Sugar or Sugar Alternative
- 3 Tsp Vanilla
- Sift Dry Ingredients Together
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Allspice
- ½ Cup Unprocessed Cocoa
- 1 Bag Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- So Delicious Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream!
- Combine wet ingredients until well blended - slowly add sifted dry ingredients to mix, add dairy free chips once all is combined - batter will be thick! - Use spatula to divide into two loaf pans
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 Degrees
- Once bread is completed cooled cut 2 slices for each sandwich add 1 scoop of coconut ice cream and press down to make even layer then top with other slice and ENJOY!
This yummy chocolate zucchini bread ice cream sandwich treat will become your newest favorite splurge! You’re going to love it! And if you’re sneaky like me you can get some extra veggies into your cute kiddos!
Ms. Picky Pants McGhee here was a HUGE fan! 😉
For more FUN Zucchini Recipes give these a try!