Let me start by saying I hate fish!! I have hated fish since the beginning of time! But since everything I read about healthy eating states very clearly the importance of adding it to your diet… I knew that I would have to end my hatred of fish and at least find a way to sneak it in here and there! So when a friend told me about tilapia and how “unfishy” it was, I thought that would be a good place for me to start my fish eating… I tried it a couple times and mostly gagged it down. I like to think of myself as a foodie, with a somewhat sophisticated palette… so there had to be a way to make fish taste good, right?!?!? Enter the lovely fish tacos pictured below! I made them and found myself actually enjoying fish!! I was surprised as anybody! Since then these little gems have made their way into our meal rotation. My kids LOVE them and gobble them up… (well except my super picky two year old) I can’t get that girl to eat anything…. The best part these tacos are super simple to make!
- Adapted from The Cook Next Door
- 1-2 lbs Tilapia - I buy the vacuumed sealed bags at Sam's and use 5-6 fillets
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Lawry's Garlic Salt w/Parsley
- Greek Yogurt Lime White Sauce
- 1/2 C Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 TBS Milk - Just enough to thin yogurt to desired consistency
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1 TBS Lawry's Garlic Salt w/ Parsley
- Whisk ingredients together and set aside
- Serve with fresh shredded cabbage salsa or pico de gallo, fresh limes, and corn tortillas
- I like to heat up my corn tortillas on a griddle prior to serving
Line a small baking sheet with foil. Place the fish down on the sheet and sprinkle with the cumin, chili powder, garlic salt and half a lime. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until fish is flaky. While the fish is baking, make the white sauce.
Whisk ingredients together and set aside
Serve with fresh shredded cabbage,salsa or pico de gallo, fresh limes, and corn tortillas
I like to heat up my corn tortillas on a griddle prior to serving
It’s the Greek yogurt lime sauce that really puts an added layer of flavor and deliciousness! Enjoy!