This post contains affiliate links
Meal Prep is something I’m really trying to do more and more of these days. So when I find meal prep recipes that are A. EASY and B. Make a truck load of food I know I’ve found a winner! I know I can make this easy meal prep recipe and I’ve got a yummy dinner one night and easy grab and go lunches for AT LEAST a couple more days! This meal prep recipe for Guilt Free Mexican Hay Stacks is Soo Flippin’ good you might even think you’re at a popular chain restaurant… (cough cough) Chipolte… Feel free to mix it up and make some easy changes… For example I’ll use grilled chicken or lean steak instead of ground turkey or quinoa instead of brown rice. The point it you’re getting a great meal one night plus getting your meal prep on! And if that weren’t awesome enough my hubby and kids love this easy healthy meal! So it’s a TOTAL Win in my book!
- 2 lbs Extra lean ground turkey - brown with ½ an onion and red and green peppers if desired
- Low sodium black beans (1 can) - drained and rinsed
- Brown rice (1 cup) -- Check out this great post form Skinnytaste so you don't screw up your rice
- Taco Seasoning Pkt - low sodium
- Make rice while you brown the meat and fresh veggies. Then add the seasonings and drained and rinsed black beans to meat. Combine the cooked rice into the meat and top with Greek Yogurt, Cheese, Fresh Avocado, Cilantro, Fresh Salsa, Tomatoes... really add whatever sounds good to you within reason of course 😉 got to keep those Macros in check.
Want to know my secret go to cheat when meal prepping? I make quinoa and brown rice in a rice maker! It is pretty much the best invention ever! Sometimes I’ll throw dinner in the crock pot then set my timer on my rice maker so that everything will be ready at the same time! It is definitely on my must have list for a healthy kitchen!