I have a confession to make.
I love infrared saunas. Maybe it’s my roots of growing up in Arizona where walking outside in 100-degree heat was normal.
There is something so comforting about the heat. I love the heat, give me the heat over the cold any day of the week. Which is ironic seeing how I have chosen Utah to call home. Which is only technically “hot” for a few months out of the year, of which a cherish!
But I digress, back to my secret love of saunas.
Until recently, I had only a few options for indulging in a sauna experience.
The gym surrounded by strangers in towels… awkward
At a spa that involved making an appointment, driving to an appointment, stripping down, and enjoying your time… still kind of awkward.
Recently I started to see a new type of infrared sauna bed that was totally portable and did NOT cost thousands of dollars. (I have been researching Infrared Saunas for a bit). I was immediately intrigued #1 because I do not have the room for a huge stand-alone sauna, nor do I wish to spend thousands on one.
Then I saw it had been touted by Goop, Bravo, Refinery29, Well+Good, Travel +Leisure, Nylon, InStyle, Business Insider, Forbes, The New York Times, Byrdie, Vogue + Thrillist. To name a few 😉
I was super curious about why so many people were talking about it, so I had to try it for myself!
I ordered my HigherDose Infrared Sauna and waited.
They are in VERY high demand, so they sell out quickly, and you might be put on a waiting list until another shipment is created. So be prepared to be patient. (which for me is REALLY hard!)
I was so pumped the day my bed arrived I could not WAIT to try it out. I unwrapped my box eager to give it a try!
My first session was heavenly. I was NOT prepared for how much of a good honest sweat I would get. I was dripping! From that moment on, I was hooked. I started using my sauna bed at least 3-5 times a week. It helps me clear my mind and relaxes me completely.
Here are some things you NEED to know when using a HigherDose Infrared sauna bed:
- You’ll need to wear a long sleeve top, sweat pants, and socks. This will protect your skin from any burns from the heat. It gets HOT.
- You’ll always want to place a towel directly on the bed before getting in.
- Use a rolled-up towel for a pillow – you do not want an actual pillow getting all sweaty.
- You’ll need a yoga mat to place under the bed to protect flooring, bedding, or wherever you choose to place your bed while using.
- It does take 10 minutes to heat up.
- Drink LOTS of water after you are finished. A drink that contains electrolytes would also be a great call. (I have never sweat more in my LIFE)
- The maximum amount of time to spend in the sauna at one time is 50 minutes.
- Start at a lower level (I started at 5) and work your way up.
So besides just getting a good sweat on and feeling totally relaxed, here are some amazing additional health benefits of the HigherDOSE infrared sauna bed.
- Detoxification – 7x more detoxifying than traditional heat
- Anti-anxiety – increases feel-good chemicals and lowers cortisol
- Soothes sore muscles and joints
- Reduces inflammation
- Increases blood flow and circulation
- Healing amethyst deepens benefits of infrared
- Tourmaline layer generates negative ions
- Charcoal layer to amplify detoxification process
- Medical grade magnetic strip for improved blood circulation
- Low EMF heating
This bed is amazing and, by far, one of my favorite new things I have tried in 2020. Let’s face it 2020 has been a doozy. And we could all use a little more ZEN in our lives.
Overall in my book, this is a solid BUY. I do wish it came with a more convenient carrying case, so pulling it out of my closet was a little less of a chore. But the pros far outweigh the cons.
For more information and to buy one for yo’ self head over to HigherDOSE now.