This post is sponsored by NOW® Foods, but as always opinions expressed are 100% my own.
**post contains affiliate links**
How To Lose Weight During Menopause
I have been getting quite a few emails with questions from you lovely readers with one theme in mind… “How to Lose Weight During Menopause” This seems to be an issue many of you are facing or will be facing shortly.
Soooo as always I will do my best to provide tips to help you to continue to lose while you are going through all these crazy hormonal changes which can wreak havoc and your body.
Menopause is no joke – your hormones are going through a firestorm, and you’ll need these tips to help stabilize you and get the scale going in the right direction!
So grab a nice drink, relax and let us get to it!
So what exactly defines “menopause” – Menopause is defined as 12 months without a visit from Aunt Flo.
But here’s the crazy thing! Symptoms of a perimenopause “around menopause” can show up a DECADE before menopause actually happens!
So if you are nearing menopause and struggling with losing weight in spite of all your efforts that might be why!
So now we know that stubborn weight is an issue both during and before menopause – know here’s how to combat it!
- Eat Plenty of Protein: Eating sufficient protein will help you to stay fuller longer. It also helps increase metabolic rate by contributing to reducing muscle loss during weight loss. (More muscles = higher metabolic rate)
- Include Dairy In Your Diet:Research has shown that including dairy will help retain muscles while losing weight – plus the added calcium will help protect your bones.
- Eat Foods With Soluble Fiber:Eating foods that are high in fiber helps increase insulin sensitivity, helps manage appetite, and will contribute to promoting safe weight loss. Look to green veggies, avocados, and flax seeds for natural sources!
- Meditate:Taking time to focus on your breath and being still will help to mitigate stress which will help with your weight loss! I love the peace and harmony blend for when I am meditating!
- Get Moving!Low Impact Cardio and Strength training are both necessary for weight loss and preserving muscles as we age!
- >Consider Lowering Carbohydrate Intake:studies have shown that a low-carb diet can be a very useful tool for weight loss as we age. I have noticed that I have more energy, focus, and success with weight loss when I have cut back the amount of carbs in my daily diet.
- Consider Supplementation: The following supplements have been shown to alleviate common symptoms associated with menopause and may help maintain a healthy body weight during menopause
- Menopause Support: Menopause Support has recommended potencies of key ingredients that have been shown to support a healthy response to the natural changes occurring during menopause.* This blend includes standardized herbal extracts and other nutrients which, together, form a truly well-balanced product for women.
- Herbal Pause: Herbal Pause™ with EstroG-100® is a patented, clinically studied herbal blend of pure water extracts of Phlomis umbrosa, Cynanchum wilfordii, and Angelica gigas. Herbal Pause™ is intended for women suffering from the discomfort often associated with menopause and peri-menopause.* EstroG-100® has demonstrated its ability to relieve hot flashes, night sweats, temporary sleeplessness, nervousness, and difficulty in maintaining a positive outlook related to menopause.†* Herbal Pause™ is an excellent alternative to soy isoflavones and black cohosh. † 50% of women experienced improvement in at least one menopausal symptom within 7 days of use, with 75% experiencing improvement in at least one menopausal symptom within 14 days.*
- Black Cohosh Root: Black Cohosh is a plant that has been historically used by Native American women. Current scientific research shows that Black Cohosh Root may help support a healthy response to the natural changes occurring during menopause.* NOW® Black Cohosh Root also includes Licorice Root and Dong Quai, which have enjoyed widespread popularity in Asia for centuries, especially among middle-aged women.
Supplements can be a fantastic tool to help manage symptoms of menopause and maintain feminine balance so that your body will respond when you eat right and exercise!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.