Yep, you read that title right! I am going to share with you some ways to insure that you not only maintain during the holidays but also LOSE! I’m not sure about you, but holiday weight gain has been an issue for me in the past! I LOVE food, and all my favorite foods come out to play this time of year. This post is NOT about saying no to all your favorites and being super restrictive this holiday season. It IS about challenging yourself and being more in tune with yourself and working hard to be a healthier and happier you! So here you go: your complete guide on How to Lose Weight This Holiday Season . . .
- Set a goal: This does not need to be defined by a number on scale – although that would be a worthy goal. You could pick a goal to complete your first 5k or workout so many days a week. Just make sure it is measurable and attainable! This goal will keep you focused!
- Try something new: This is a great time to try a new fitness routine! If you have been stuck at a weight for a bit, shake things up and try a new routine! There are so many awesome workouts available online and right on your phone! Just make sure your new routine is challenging and that you love it! You are not going to workout if you don’t love what you’re doing!
- Shake up your diet: Have you heard of intermittent fasting? I first heard about it via a Chalene Johnson podcast and I thought what the heck, why not I’ll give it a try, and I’m here to tell you for me it is working! Very simply put intermittent fasting is tightening the window in which you eat. But trimming down the amount of time you are actually eating you let your body stay in a “fat burn” state for longer and you get to eat ALL your calories in a smaller window which lets you feel a little more indulgent when you do eat! And the best news are you sitting down! You can eat “naughty” treats and still lose as long as it fits within your daily macros! If there ever was a diet plan designed for me – this is it! I hate to even call it a diet it’s more of a way of eating or a lifestyle. I’ll be following up with more on this in a bit…
- Find an accountability buddy! This is a person that no matter what will help hold you accountable to your goals! Set up a schedule to check in with this person daily or more if needed! You are in this together!
- Know when to say no: Just because your invited to a million cookie exchanges doesn’t mean you need to go to them all! Practice saying No! It’s totally OK! You don’t need to blame it on your diet you can blame it on needing to spend more time with your family. Put yourself and your goals first! Every year I use to make a huge plate of Christmas goodies to take to all my neighbors and friends. But guess what, I would eat so much as I was plating and baking that it use to take a toll every year to my waistline -not to mention it was a TON of work! So last year I got smart and just made a fun “pun intended” gift that I could by and gift. My friends still new I loved them and was thinking about them, but all of us benefited from a little less sugar. 😉
- Pick your indulgences: Eating and enjoying the Holidays is one of the best parts of this time of year! So when you do eat a treat enjoy every bite and take your time! And once you’ve enjoyed the treat- STOP! Don’t feel guilty or shame… just enjoy the treat and move on! By calling Christmas treats “forbidden” or “naughty” you’re setting yourself up to down that whole pan. Instead embrace the treats and practice eating them in moderation! You will be loads ahead. 🙂
- Eat your nuts! Nuts are great for curbing hunger and will help keep you track! I always keep some handy to snack on as needed. They are so awesome and easy to bring along no matter what your crazy Holiday schedule throws at you! – Be Smart and Snack Smart! – I love these portion controlled Grab and Go packs from Orchard Valley Harvest. They come in 1 oz and 2 oz packets which are PERFECT sizes and I can easily fit them into my calories for the day. You can find these little gems at Walmart in the produce section.
To help you stay on track this Holiday Season, Orchard Valley Harvest® want to hook you up with an assortment of snacking goodies and a $50 gift card to Walmart to help make your Holidays a little brighter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So follow these awesome tips and lets DO this! Want EVEN more motivation and accountability join my Maybe I Will Fitness private group where I’ll be sharing small tidbits everyday day to help you master those goals and keep losing this Holiday season! Love you all! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Orchard Valley Harvest . The opinions and text are all mine.