Feeling overwhelmed with a closet overflowing with clothes? Learn How To Purge Your Closet and let that good energy start to flow!
There is something about Spring that just makes me want to shop?
I am alone on this?!
With the warmer weather, I get excited about the new flirty styles of spring and feel the need to purge the old and drab and embrace the new!
If you haven’t purged your closet in a while be prepared to feel instant peace.
Something magical happens when we clear out our spaces and make them neat and orderly – good energy can’t help but flow!
So if you’re feeling stuck the fastest way to start feeling unstuck is to clean and organize a space.
Don’t believe me?
Give it a try, clean out one junk drawer that you have been ignoring and report back to me how you feel!
You will notice almost immediately like a weight being lifted, it is totally freeing!
So back to the task at hand – How to purge your closet!
When you are reviewing every item in your closet ask yourself these 5 questions:
- Does the item have any stains, tears, or holes?- if yes get rid of it!
- Does the item fit me right now? – If not, get rid of it! We as women are prone to hold onto clothes for that magical moment we finally get to that “size” Stop holding on, let go!
- Do I feel happy and confident when I wear it? – If not get rid of it!
- When was the last time I actually wore this? With the exception of seasonal items if it has been more than six months chances are you will not be wearing it again.
- Is it a free promotional item? If so, let it go! No need to hold onto a free item, just because it was free. Unless you can answer yes to answer #3 that is the only reason to hold on.
I like to purge my closet every 6 months – it helps my closet organized and easy to find the clothes I do love wearing and that I do feel comfortable and confident in – because that is ALL that is left!
Take your stack of clothes to a donation center or try a service like ThredUp that pays you for clothes!