Getting pregnant is hard and can be draining on a relationship. In a previous post I shared my own personal story of struggle with fertility and how it affected me on a very personal level. Today I would like to give you some tips to help you as you navigate this sometimes defeating process. Most importantly don’t lose hope! Some women just take longer to get pregnant and that is hard but don’t give up or lose faith. It will all be worth it!
- Have fun! One of the things that I struggled with was relaxing! I was so stressed with what day of the month I was ovulating and all the technical issues of conceiving that I spent so much time worrying that what use to be a joy in my marriage became a chore. So take a deep breath and relax and spend time connecting with your spouse and enjoy the process. You can have fun practicing 😉
- Don’t psych yourself out… This is SOOO much easier said than done! Each month every little tummy ache or weird “feeling” meant for sure I was pregnant. Then when my monthly visitor came I felt defeated. The waiting game is hard, but do your best to not set yourself up for monthly heartache.
- Staying active, exercising and being at a healthy weight are so important! Taking care of you will help better prepare your body to build a tiny human.
- Rest! Getting enough sleep will help you to relax and also ensure that your body is better able to start the process of being pregnant
- Know your cycle! I was the worst at charting and knowing how long my cycles actually were… I had a blank stare and lots of umms and I think when my doctor would ask me. But I downloaded a great app that helped me track and monitor my cycles. This is really great information that you can share with your doctor to help him better understand your fertility.
- Use a good quality lubricant that is sperm friendly. Astroglide Trying To Conceive (TTC) is specially formulated with adjusted pH levels, compatible osmolality and a consistency similar to that of your own cervical mucus, making it less likely to hinder sperm motility than traditional lubricants. TTC also contains galactose, which is found naturally in semen, as well as fructose, the main source of energy for sperm.
7. Know when to consult with a doctor- If you have been doing all of the above and are still struggling after six months it is always a good idea to see a doctor! They can test you and your partner to make sure there are no medical issues impeding your fertility.
Getting pregnant can be a trying time and can be stressful, just remember to stay positive and to enjoy the process! All the heartache and time spent waiting for this little human to be made will all be worth it when that day comes and you hold that brand new baby in your arms! All of the pain will wash away and you will feel nothing but joy and happiness as you stare at this tiny person you and your spouse created! It’s a feeling one cannot put into words! Just don’t lose hope and stay strong! I promise it is worth it!
Astroglide TTC™ sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine