This healthified Copy Cat Wendy’s Frosty Protein Shake is rich and delicious and is sure to please your inner child. Plus the recipe is Keto-Friendly!
As a kid, one of my favorite things was going to Wendy’s. Our family did not have a lot of money, so going out to eat was a treat. And if my Dad was feeling super generous, he would spoil us and allow us to order a coveted rich and creamy Frosty. Frosties as a kid growing up in the 80s-90s was the stuff dreams are made of.
As a teenager, my love of frosties continued. I vividly remember rolling up to Wendy’s drive-thru late at night with my crew. We felt like we were the coolest kids, an ounce of freedom and a delicious Frosty cruising down the thrilling downtown streets of Mesa, AZ.
And let’s be honest, and I am definitely not above them as an adult. A part of me will always be pumped for a Frosty!
But as a middle-aged adult, my body does not process sugar as I did so easily as a kid. So I worked my magic and came up with a very adult-healthified version. And with that, the Copy Cat Wendy’s Frosty Protein Shake was born. It is sure to please the inner child within you! If you want a little extra fun go ahead and add some whipped cream on top! Acknowledge and spoil the heck out of your darling inner child.
For those of you who are on a Keto journey this Wendy’s Frosty Protein Shake is completely Keto Friendly! You will just need to ensure that the protein powder you choose to use is also Keto Friendly!
For more delicious and tasty Protein Shake Recipes make sure and grab my eBook: 52 + Amazing Fat Burning Protein Shakes
Copy Cat Wendy's Frosty Protein Shake
A grown up healthified version that is sure to please your inner child
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 TBS Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBS Cocoa
- 1 Cup Ice or as much needed for desired consistency
Mix all the above ingredients in blender and blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. If too thick add more Almond Milk, if too thin add more ice.
- Favor vanilla frosties? Just omit the cocoa and use vanilla protein powder!
- If you are limiting your fat intake or want to lower the overall calories swap out the heavy cream for a sugar free powdered coffee creamer you’ll save about 90 calories!
- If you are allergic to almond milk feel free to opt out and use your favorite milk. Any milk substitution will work.
- If you are dairy free swap out the heavy cream for a vanilla almond milk or coconut milk coffee creamer.