This post contains affiliate links
What is Zaycon Fresh?
You might have heard of Zaycon; they are growing in popularity and adding more and more cities monthly. I have been a loyal customer since pretty much its inception back in 2009. For my family, they have always provided the freshest meats at a fraction of what I would pay at the store.
Zaycon’s model is a little different- and I often get questions on how Zaycon works and what to expect. So I thought it would be helpful to answer ALL your questions and explain EXACTLY how Zaycon works to provide you the best meats at the best prices.
If you’re willing to try something new and different and challenge your notions on buying quality meat… Zaycon might be just the right fit for you!
You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co-op, and in this case specifically, a meat co-op
Have you ever been a part of a food co-op for produce or purchasing other types of foods in
bulk and direct from the source?
Well, Zaycon is very similar in nature.
Buying via a food co-op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer,
fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are
cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store). It’s a smart food buying concept, which is quickly gaining in popularity!
How does it work?
Zaycon Fresh Foods is a nationwide meat co-op.
Here is how their unique ordering and pick up process works.
- You order your meat selection now for a pickup date 1-4 months from now. This is how a group buying system works. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives the
price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure the requirements of the group discount price are met.
- You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. I order the 40lb boxes for my family and will portion them off and freeze them – so they will last the 1-4 months before I can pick up more! If you do not think you can use the 40lb box – find some friend to split a box!
- Sale offerings are changing all of the time. There are several options, but each option
is only offered a few times per year. So the specific offerings and sales at the time of login will
vary depending on the month! – So keep checking back for those awesome sales!
- At the specified day/time of your local pick up, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your
- You will drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event,
generally within 30 minutes, some locations within 5 minutes of your home and in the parking lot
of a private business or organization where arrangements have been made.
- You don’t even have to get out of your car!! You simply pull up in line. When it is your turn
roll down your window and give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a
plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your order into your trunk.
- Drive home with your order!
- The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes it very convenient!
- Feel free to read the FAQ to help answer additional questions.
Here are few more questions I often hear from friends and readers who are anxious to try Zaycon but are still a little skeptic!
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
- The cost is 30-50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected, making it an amazing value!
- Most all of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that’s a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska). It
comes directly from the farms, so it is very fresh, as opposed to meats in the grocery
store going through a long journey to arrive at the store and handled by many in the
- The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local
farms are handpicked, and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a
farm does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available
in this area until an acceptable replacement is found.
- It’s convenient! Just order online and pick up your meat at a location that is closest to you!!
- They have a great reputation, high rating including a great BBB.com rating (A+) – Have any of you tried Zaycon?? I would love to hear how you have liked it! Like I said earlier I have been buying from them for years and I have never been disappointed in the quality of the meat I have purchased!
- They have been around since 2009 and growing massively in popularity because they are meeting several needs in this key area of grocery shopping and grocery budgets everywhere.
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The percentage of return customers exceeds industry standards. The proof is in the pudding!
How do I order?
Ordering is easy!
- Log on to the Zaycon site and register or login.
- At the top of the page, click on the shop by product or by location. – The screenshot is of products that are available at my closet location in the next little bit!! – It looks like I need to jump on and order some skirt steaks!! YUM!
- Find the meat offerings you are interested in.
- You will find the details of the meat being offered.
- Click on “On Sale Now.”
- Add as many cases as you would like.
- If there is a coupon code, enter it at checkout.
- At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order, and you will also see your order
history under “My Account.”
- Wait for your pickup date/time! – By far the hardest part!!
And of course, I wouldn’t leave you hanging without offering a SWEET discount for all my awesome readers! So here is how it works — Chicken is on sale in most areas RIGHT now, and it is a great price at $1.89 a pound but add this awesome BL20 20% coupon code onto your order, and the nice price per pound becomes… $1.51 a lb!!!
And if you’re looking for some fun ways to use all 40lbs of that chicken –Check THESE out!
If you still have questions and concerns check out this awesome video that explains the whole process really well.